- May 1, 2020: web site of the challenge opens.
- Sept 17, 2020:The deadline has been extended.
- May 1, 2020: Website of the challenge opens
- Sept 30, 2020 (extend the deadline): Deadline for submitting proposal (work & extended abstract)
- Oct 9, 2020 (extend the deadline): Announcement of winning teams, Sending invitations for submitting papers for the special track at the IEEE BigData 2020 conference
- Oct 30, 2020 (extend the deadline): Deadline for submitting invited papers,
- Nov 10, 2020: Notification of paper acceptance,
- Nov 20, 2020: Camera-ready of accepted papers due,
- Dec 10-13, 2020: The IEEE BigData 2020 conference (special track date TBA)
Description of the Tasks
Participants are required to submit proposal (The submission page is currently being prepared) include 1) work (for example URL of application, source code, concept movie etc.) and 2) extended abstracts (2-4 pages), selecting one of the following five themes. The published datasets can be commonly used for tasks. There is a requirement to use at least one of the data provided by the committee, in addition to allowing other data to be used.
- Public facility management
- Public transportation
- Future land use planning
- Revitalization of industry and tourism
- Road management
Extended abstracts:This paper should explain the following:
- The theme of the proposed research/application, including the purpose, background and justification for the research/application.
- The general methodology and the resources and conditions expected to complete the study/application. We encourage you to submit a demo or video to illustrate the final output, as well as source code via Github.
- Importance of the research topic.
Extended abstracts (2-4 pages) to online paper submission of IEEE Big Data Cup page. Please provide the link of your work’s URL include the abstract. We strongly suggest the participants to submit their proposals in PDF format based on the new Standard IEEE Conference Proceedings Template (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html).